8 Smart Tips to Organize Your Closet
Believe it or not, an organized closet can be a life-changer (when your mornings run smoothly and your outfit options feel endless you’ll see what we mean). Now open your closet. Does it scream chaos? Here’s a quick list to help you organize your closet and keep your Korean fashion items in place.
- Invest in various storage units to maximize your space. Besides the usual hangers, start using boxes, clear plastic drawers, stackable baskets and hanging canvas shelves to store accessories, shoes, folded items, and more.
- Place the clothes you wear frequently at eye level, so they are easy to spot and grab. The ones you use less can be stored below, while those you rarely sport can go high up in your closet.
- Bulky pieces, things you only use once in a blue moon, or out-of-season clothing items can be organized in boxes or suitcases and placed under beds or in a storage room.
- Each time you declutter, try to donate, recycle or consign. A great way to decide what must go is to turn around every hanger in your closet with the hook pointing towards you. Every time you wear an item, just hang it back the normal way. At the end of each season, you will realize that the hangers facing the wrong way are holding items you don’t need any longer.
- Exploit every single inch of your wardrobe and start using hanger racks, over-the-door hooks and shoe bags (a vertical boot organizer is a must!).
- A towel bar attached to a wasted wall space is ideal to hang your scarf collection.
- Shoe organizers can also be used for storing bulky items, such as sweaters and cardigans. Just roll them carefully before you stow them away.
- Group your clothing by category (dresses, pants, jackets, shirts) or, if you have extra time and patience, arrange them by color, from light to dark.